Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Salicylic Acid



The Basics

  • Each bottle contains approx. 15-20 full facial peels.
  • Comes With 365 Day 100% No Hassle Money Back Guarantee!!! You can return the item even if its empty!
  • Made with Pharmaceutical Grade Salicylic Acid
  • Guaranteed Quality: Made in USA. Manufactured in an FDA compliant cosmetic laboratory.
 
 
I have acne and light scarring as well as large pores (genetic)and suffer constant blackheads. I am also prone to inflammation.
I chose this over other Amazon offerings as the solution was simple. A peel is sensitizing enough without added, unnecessary ingredients.

The ingredients-and a breakdown:
SD 40 alcohol-solvent
propylene glycol-enhances penetration of the active ingredient, humectant/conditioner,and stability of the overall product
glycerin-humectant, buffering

Before application, I apply coconut oil around my eyes, working it in between the lashes and around the socket. I also coat my lips. I use a (clean) panty liner, folded on itself to apply the solution as the texture was less abrasive and retained the product better for even distribution than cotton balls. The sensation was less intense than what I expected, and as I am used to acne treatments, not at all unpleasant or harsh. I left it on for 2-2 1/2 minutes than neutralized with baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and water. Rinse with copious amounts of cool water to remove the neutralizer, and blot dry. I followed with more coconut oil, Juice Beauty Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30, and enough Badger Balm All Season Face Stick [Unscented, broad spectrum zinc oxide 22.5%]to give my face a white cast. As the day progresses or I feel dryness where the moisturizers have absorbed, I re-apply an oil based serum and the sun block stick.
My only criticism is packing and packaging. I know plastics are capable of handling chemicals, but would prefer a brown glass bottle. Store this away from sunlight/heat. The second is that the bottle was shipped inside a box with styrofoam peanuts-and not enough at that. No damage to box or bottle however.
 
xoxo
Sia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment